Level 1 Teacher Training Course Details
Teacher Training 200 Certification is a comprehensive, thorough, effective program designed to deepen your practice and deliver the key skills needed to lead outstanding yoga classes. The teacher training embraces a holistic approach to the path of Yoga through a unique synthesis of ageless wisdom of ancient scriptures and philosophy applied in a contemporary context. The method of our Teacher Training concentrates on the traditional style of Vinyasa flow that is accessible to all levels and abilities. Vinyasa refers to a flowing sequence of asanas (physical poses) linked by breath and intention. In Vinyasa, we practice a sequence of asanas as one continuous movement from start to finish. The Yoga taught is not another ‘style’ of Yoga but an authentic, integrated presentation of the whole spectrum of the ancient yoga teachings drawing from the Sri T Krishnamarcharya lineage. Our aim is to integrate all 8 limbs of yoga, Patanjali, the author of the ancient Yoga Sutras, coined the term ‘Ashtanga Yoga’ as a referral to his 8-limbed Yoga. Yoga asanas are just one of these limbs – of equal importance are the other limbs such as Pranayama (breath control) Meditation and the personal and social code of Ethics, the Yamas and Niyamas.
In our Training program, we teach you how to teach and sequence classes with great intelligence, we teach you yoga philosophy and how to be yourself, relevant, and modern with how you share your knowledge, we teach you pure alignment of the asanas, and we teach you to search out and discover the courage to teach.
Our philosophy is to practice what you teach, and teach what you practice. First of all, to become a yoga teacher you must practice. As a student teacher you will learn how to develop your own practice and sequence of asanas that you can use for your own teaching. You will also learn how to create your own sequence of asanas so that you can create a yoga class specific for your students level of practice – whether they are beginners, or more experienced practitioners.
Unique to this course is the practical experience we offer with ample opportunity to teach the public leading our Community classes at the Pilates & Yoga Styles Studio.
To begin you just need to take the first step.
Who is it For
It is open to students of all levels with maturity and commitment to embark on a personal journey of self-discovery, including:
- Students with a desire to become yoga teachers and complete the Yoga Teacher Training requirements to do so
- Students who do not wish to be yoga teachers but have a sincere interest in the subject matter and want to deepen their own knowledge and understanding of Yoga and Self.
You’ll be inspired by our team of yoga professionals, who highly experienced, qualified, dedicated and passionate about supporting you on your professional and personal journey.
Linda Newman, founder of Pilates & Yoga Styles and Yoga Alliance ERYT-500 hr accreditation has more than 29 years teaching experience. Linda teaches with enthusiasm and humour that seamlessly brings together Ancient Teaching and Modern Living.
Dylan Frusher – Philosophy, Meditation.
Dylan has been involved in the study and practice of yoga and meditation for more than twenty years. He was ordained as a monk in India but today is an independent practitioner.
He has taught meditation and Yoga Philosophy as well as practiced as a Councillor and group facilitator in both spiritual and secular contexts.
Dipika Delmenico-Voss: Ayurvedic Practitioner
Anthony Newman - Yoga Alliance RYT – 200 hr accreditation
Tony Timotowkz - Yoga Alliance RYT – 500 hr accreditation
- Thorough, in depth asana practice of all categories of yoga poses vinyasa style with focus on alignment. Asana benefits and contraindications. Expect to deepen and polish your own practice. Includes various templates for class.
- Techniques, alignment, modifications.
- Practical application, practical teaching
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, the skeletal, muscular, respiratory, nervous & endocrine systems including movement of joints.
- How to develop a strong home practice, which is the most potent way to keep your teaching fresh and inspired;
- Teaching Methodology, prop usage, sequencing, adjusting skills, asana and body assessment, personal programs, teaching beginners, injury prevention
- Developing meaningful themes, and structure to weave themes into your class that gives your students deeper insight and understanding.
- The art of observation, effective verbal and physical adjustments that give you a clear, confident approach.
- Pranayama techniques, and how to expertly teach these in public classes. And develop your own unique pranayama practice.
- Meditation techniques, mindfulness and deep relaxation – different approaches to meditation.
- Yoga therapy, safely working with students with injuries in a way that promotes radiant health
- History and philosophy of yoga, Advaita & Tantra, Mantra, Chanting, Bhajans, Nadis, Chakras, Yamas and Niyamas, introduction to Ayurveda Lifestyle.
- Sanskrit, basic understanding and pronunciation.
- The business of yoga, including how to market yourself and grow in the yoga field.
- Your teaching career post-graduation.
- Spiritual counselling.
Linda Newman has been teaching for more than 25 years, and brings to this program years of study of Classical Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and Calligraphy Yoga. The core focus of this training is based on the 1st Sutra of the 2nd chapter of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra: “Tapas, Svadhyaya, and Ishvara Pranidhana”. In English: Discipline, Study, and Devotion and Dedication.
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Key Muscles of Yoga Vol 1 by Ray Long
- The Yamas & Niyamas Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda of the Bihar School of Yoga
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T K V Desikachar
- The Living Gita by Sri Swami Satchidananda
Your Training Investment
Cost $3,300 (includes GST and deposit)
$3,100 Red Hot Early Bird, paid in full by 1st December 2016
$3,200 Early Bird, paid in full by 1st January 2017
$3,300 Full Price, paid in full after 1st January 2017
- Secure your place now, email your enrolment form and pay $500 deposit (non-refundable) or full fees.
- All bookings must be paid in full 4 weeks before start date, however bookings can be made up to the last day
- We offer internet banking and credit card facilities
Part Time Level 1, 2017 held Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday.
Weekend 1 – Feb 10 –12
Weekend 2 – March 17 – 19
Weekend 3 – April 21 –23
Weekend 4 –May 19 – 21
Weekend 5 – June 16 – 18
Weekend 6 – July 14 – 16
Weekend 7 – August 11 – 13
Weekend 8 – September 15 – 17
Weekend 9 – October 13 – 15
This program includes 180 hours of in-studio teaching and study and from the very first day, students will begin to uncover their own voice by teaching in an interactive environment that encourages self-expression and discovery while maintaining a crucial link to the ancient teaching. In addition to the group meeting times, there are required classes, assigned readings, and written homework assignments to round out your formal class time.
Our calendar has been carefully constructed to guarantee you the best possible experience. Since it is not possible to replicate any individual day of this journey, attendance is required for all scheduled dates and times. In the unlikely event, that we have change any of these dates, we will endeavour to give ample notice.
Your tuition includes unlimited classes at a reduced rate with Pilates & Yoga Styles for the duration of the program, and special on-going Pilates & Yoga styles Graduate Rate after you have completed the program.
We request that all interested applicants have a minimum of one year Vinyasa practice and attend at least 5 classes at Pilates & Yoga Styles with Linda to ensure this is the right environment for your yoga study. Exceptions can be made for people coming from out of town, but we will require a personal conversation in addition to your application.
Teaching and Certification
Yukti Yoga is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200-Hr Level. Upon completing this course you will be equipped to practice safely and teach others in a range of diverse settings. This course allows you to become registered with Yoga Alliance and all graduates are offered support on their teaching journey. We guarantee you will leave us with a wealth of knowledge, a smile on your face and a warm, open heart.
For Further Information Submit Your Request Below