Matwork Level I Course Part Time
- All training including pre and post course support
- Teacher training manual
2017 Weekends are:
Weekend 1: 18 – 19 February 2017
Weekend 2: 25 – 26 February 2017
Weekend 3: 5th of March 2017
If you’re ready to take the next step our upcoming part time Matwork Level I Course is held at the Pilates & Yoga Styles studio in Geelong and offers a comprehensive training program. The course is fully accredited with Physical Activity Australia, 3 PDP’s and Fitness Australia, 15 CEC’s. Our courses are accredited with Fitness Australia and Physical Activity Australia, and our programs meet the PMA’s criteria for inclusion in the Registry of Schools. Graduates who complete this course will be qualified to teach Matwork Pilates to personal clients and to group classes.
Who is it For?
The course is designed to educate and certify personal trainers, wellness professionals, group fitness instructors and yoga teachers who wish to expand their professional experience, knowledge and qualifications. This training is also great for students of Pilates who wish to gain more knowledge about the foundations of Pilates.
At the Conclusion of the Course.
- You’ll be able to teach Matwork classes in a range of different environments – from individual clients to large classes, covering a range of levels, from beginner to intermediate.
- You’ll learn how to take a large group class safely and provide different levels of challenge
- You’ll learn how to program your Matwork classes for athletes and advanced clients.
You’ll be inspired by lead teacher Linda Newman, the founder of Pilates & Yoga Styles, who has been teaching for more than 28 years in the UK, Asia, and Australia. Linda is passionate about supporting your professional and personal journey.
Over the 2 weekends, practical and lecture sessions will include the following:
- History of Pilates
- Common postural deviations
- 15 foundation or warm up exercises
- 30 basic Matwork exercises
- Pre screening
- Space and environment requirements
- Injury prevention
- Special populations
Example of timetable:
10am – 12.30pm Mat class and lectures
12.30pm – 1.15pm Lunch
1.15pm – 2.45pm Teaching practice
2.45pm – 3.00 pm Break
3.00pm – 4.30pm Teaching practice
4.30pm – 4.45pm Break
4.45pm – 6.00pm Lecture
8.00am – 9.45am Mat class and lectures
9.45am – 11.15am Brunch and study time
11.15am – 1.00pm Teaching practice
1.00pm – 1.15pm Break
1.15pm – 2.45pm Teaching practice
2.45pm – 3.00pm Break
3.00pm – 3.45pm Lecture
- Secure your place now, email your enrolment form and pay $300 deposit (non refundable) or full fee.
- All bookings must be paid in full 4 weeks before start date, however we can still take bookings right up to the start date.
- We offer internet banking and credit card facilities.
Knowledge of anatomy is essential to becoming a great Pilates instructor. If you don’t currently have the equivalent anatomy knowledge of a certificate 111 or 1V in fitness, or similar, we will be able to offer you advice and support prior to the course commencing.
Pilates & Yoga Styles is registered with Physical Activity Australia and Fitness Australia. Upon completing this course you will be equipped to practice safely and teach others in a range of diverse settings. All graduates are offered support on their teaching journey. We guarantee you will leave us with a wealth of knowledge and a smile on your face.